What is a Task?
A Task is an assigned training activity that must be completed by a due date, but is not scheduled to occur at a specific date, time or location. The actual day & time this training occurs is at the discretion of the individual or the company officer.
An administrator will create a Task in Rescue Hub, and assign it to one or more groups of people to complete.
Tasks and Events are the two methods of recording training in Rescue Hub. Tasks and Events also typically are associated with a Requirement. Requirements are placeholders for required training, and are fulfilled by completing Tasks or attending Events.
Examples of a Task include:
- Read and Review Chapter 2 of the Operations Manual
- Watch an online video and complete a 10 question quiz
- Review the training materials for the "SCBA Basics" Class and self-certify that the materials were reviewed.
- Single company hose drill, which must be completed by a crew sometime before the end of the quarter.
- Review a NIOSH report, and discuss with your crew before the end of the year.
- Login to EMS Online, review the Pediatric Sick / Not Sick training content, and take the related online test. Complete this before the end of the quarter.
- Quarterly or annual training that is assigned to a crew, and is completed at a day and time decided upon by a company officer should be added as a Task.
- Online training that is to be completed by a due date should be added as a Task.
- Tasks that an individual can complete on their own at their own pace should be added as a Task.
Tasks are also used to assign a staff member to a) take a Quiz related to a Class, or b) self-certify that the training materials were reviewed.